The best golf ball for 80 Mph swing speed can be the best for those golfers who want more distance & spin. With these balls, you’ll be able to hit further and with better accuracy. In addition, the balls that are right for your swing speed can help you enhance your overall consistency in a golf game.
Manufacturers tinker with some components of golf ball design to tailor the ball to certain strokes. Choosing a golf ball may be a difficult and personal journal because of the interaction of these elements. When it comes to swinging in the 1980s, compression is where it all begins for most players.
All golfers want to improve their game by gaining more yardage. If you swing at 80mph, you’ll have shots that truly jump off the club face and others that will leave you wanting more. This article lists the 10 best golf balls for 80 mph swing speed.
Table of Contents
Comparison of the Best Golf Balls for 80 MPH Swing Speed
|Best Pick||Best Pick
||Bridgestone Golf e12 Soft Golf Balls||
|Best Budget||Best Budget
||Srixon Q-Star Tour Golf Balls||
|12 Piece||12 Piece
||TaylorMade TP5 Golf Balls (One Dozen)||
|Advanced Technology||Advanced Technology
||Polara Ultimate 2 Piece Golf Balls||
|Aerodynamic Design||Aerodynamic Design
||TaylorMade Distance Golf Ball||
|Soft Golf Balls||Soft Golf Balls
||Bridgestone E6 Soft Golf Balls||
|80 MPH Swing Speed||80 MPH Swing Speed
||Srixon Q Star Tour Golf Balls||
|Ultra-thin cast cover||Ultra-thin cast cover
||Wilson Sporting Goods Professional||
|Best Choice||Best Choice
||Callaway Golf Super soft Golf Balls||
|Best Soft Balls||Best Soft Balls
||Titleist Tour Soft Golf Balls||
List of the Best Golf Balls for 80 MPH Swing Speed
1. Bridgestone Golf E12 – Best Golf Ball for 80 Mph Swing Speed
- CONTACT FORCE DIMPLE creates 38% more surface contact between the golf ball and the club for more...
- STRAIGHT DISTANCE – Longer and straighter flight with driver and every other club in your bag
- IMPROVED FEEL – Softer core contributes to significantly enhanced feel on all shots
Have you ever thought about what golf ball I should use with an 80 mph swing speed? Bridgestone’s proprietary Contact Force Technology produces an unbelievable 38% increase in surface area contact between your golf ball and the clubface for more efficient energy transfer. This innovative technology creates longer and straighter ball flight with the driver and every other club in your bag.
Bridgestone Golf’s newest innovation, Seamless Cover Construction, produces a soft feeling cover for enhanced feel, even compression across the ball for a truer roll, and reduced driver and short iron spin. So overall, these Bridgestone balls are the best for 80 MPH swing speed.
- Creates 38% More Surface Contact
- More Efficient Energy Transfer
- Longer And Straighter Flight With Driver
- Contributes To Significantly Enhanced Feel On All Shots
- Optimized Aerodynamics Of Contact Force Dimple
- International Professional Tours
- Straight distance
- More spin
- Increased friction
- Better spin
- No cons
2. Srixon Q-Star Tour Golf Balls
- Must buy 2 or 4 dozen for special Father's Day promotion
- Tour Urethane Cover A soft, thin urethane cover provides tour-caliber greenside spin for total...
- Energetic Gradient Growth Core Advanced core construction promotes seamless energy transfer to...
Srixon has designed the Q-Star Tour Golf Ball to give you a tour-caliber ball flight while maintaining ultimate control and consistency in the wind. It features a soft, thin urethane cover that delivers tour-caliber greenside spin, yet it” s firm enough to prevent excess sidespin if you mis-hit a shot.
An innovative Energetic Gradient Growth core promotes seamless energy transfer, maximizing distance and optimizing ball performance on every shot. The 338 Aerodynamic Speed Dimple pattern reduces drag and increases lift for a more stable, penetrating flight in any wind condition. Srixon’s advanced technologies and materials help you hit longer, straighter shots from tee to green.
- Special Father’s Day Promotion
- Tour Urethane Cover A soft
- Thin Urethane Cover Provides Tour-Caliber Greenside Spin
- Energetic Gradient Growth Core Advanced Core Construction
- Dimple Pattern Optimal Dimple Design Reduces Drag
- Increases Lift For Maximum Distance
- Father’s day promotion
- Maximize distance
- Performance on every shot
- More stable
- Too soft
3. TaylorMade TP5 Golf Balls (One Dozen)
- More speed in the most complete tour ball
- XL low compression core increases launch angle and reduces drag
- 4 Increasingly stiff layers for higher ball speed through greater rebound
If you are looking for the best golf ball for distance with slow swing speed, then TaylorMade TP5 is exactly what you need. Specially engineered for the complete TaylorMade Tour experience, the TP5 golf ball utilizes a 5-layer construction, specifically engineered to perform every club in your bag.
Adding a proprietary HFM material, a unique 3-layer core system featuring progressive compression, enabling maximum energy transfer, generating tremendous speed on full shots. The contrast between an ultra-soft cast urethane and a semi-rigid inner cover creates maximum interaction between exceptional spin performance and full wedge shots.
- 5-Layer Golf Ball Construction
- Specifically Engineered To Perform
- Adding In A Proprietary HFM Material
- Unique 3-Layer Core System
- Features Progressive Compression
- Enabling Maximum Energy Transfer
- More speed
- 3-layer core system
- Progressive compression
- Maximum interaction
- Spin performance
- Have trouble keeping them in the fairway
4. Polara Ultimate Straight Self Correcting 2 Piece Golf Balls
- PATENTED TECHNOLOGY: Polara Ultimate Straight Self Correcting Golf Balls are for the golfer who...
- HOW IT WORKS: From the tee, point the arrow on the ball directly at your target, or line it up with...
- OPTIMIZED LIFT: Our Straight Self Correcting Golf Balls fly so straight because they exhibit optimum...
Straight shots are the real deal with the Ultimate Straight Self-Correcting Golf balls. This two-piece feature a proprietary PALLCOR technology that self-corrects your shots so you can enjoy the game. Whether you slice or draw your shots, you’ll stay on the fairway when you get to the green.
The Polara ultimate golf balls are designed to provide a consistent ball flight, so you don’t have to worry about any bad surprises. To play your best, you need fast greens, but this Ultimate Straight delivers.
These two-piece are created with a proprietary PALLCOR material that gives you a great greenside spin. With all this, you can’t help but enjoy every single round. These are the best golf balls for 80 mph driver swing speed.
- Designed To Provide A Consistent Ball Flight
- Gives You Incredible Greenside Spin
- Ultimate Straight Self-Correcting Golf balls
- Two-piece feature
- High interaction
- More speed
5. TaylorMade Distance Golf Ball
- React core - low spin - high speed
- Has 342 Aero dimple pattern
- Low drag aerodynamic design
If you are looking for the best distance, feel, and control golf balls, then TaylorMade golf balls are the best choice. One of the most highly anticipated releases of the year: TaylorMade’s latest offering in the Distance lineup, programmed to perform with two core technologies: the brand’s latest, most efficient Aerotech cover formulation and the new, ultra-low-spin React core.
The Distance+ combines the best of both worlds: Distance, speed, and long flight, along with the soft feel and workability of the React core. The Distance+ is designed to fit golfers that swing the driver between 95 and 105 miles per hour.
The low-spin, the long-launch flight, is designed to maximize carry and distance in today’s modern, higher-ball-speed game. This TaylorMade golf ball delivers explosive distance and soft short, game touch all in one. Packaged in a 3-ball sleeve with a sleeve-to-sleeve dimension of 3 inches.
- 342 Aero dimple pattern
- Low Drag Aerodynamic Design
- Package Width Of The Product Is 3 Pounds
- Aerodynamic design
- High speed
- Low spin
- Mediocre balls
6. Bridgestone E6 Soft Golf Balls
- BRIDGESTONE GOLF BALLS: Switch to the BRIDGESTONE GOLF e6 SOFT golf ball and feel what it is like to...
- E6 SOFT: Pack of 12 BRIDGESTONE GOLF e6 SOFT white golf balls for men; This golf ball features low...
- COLORED GOLF BALLS AVAILABLE: Also available in Optic Yellow color for greater visibility on the...
Bridgestone E6 Soft golf balls offer the player a classic look and feel. These high-performance golf balls are designed with a soft feel to help you gain accuracy and distance off the tee and second shots around the green. Bridgestone E6 Soft golf balls are crafted with a high-performance mantle and cover, which work together to provide a better approach and green-side performance.
The Optic Yellow color gives you greater visibility on the fairway and in the rough, and the Delta Dimple design helps your swing to go longer. These golf balls are also very useful for high-performance golf simulators and high-speed golf putting greens.
Bridgestone E6 Soft golf balls resist pop-ups and provide you with straight shots on the golf course or in the golf simulator. Available in a package of 12, you will feel what it is like to gain accuracy, distance, and a decisive advantage over the competition. So overall, these are the best golf ball for 80 MPH driver swing speed.
- Like To Gain Accuracy
- Decisive Advantage Over Competition
- Low And Long Iron Spin For Straighter Distance
- Great Approach And Green-Side Performance
- Best accuracy
- Long distance
- Green-side performance
- Straighter shots
- Easily scuffed
7. Srixon Q Star Tour Golf Balls
- Thin Urethane Cover
- Improved Spin Skin
- Energetic Gradient Growth Core
The Srixon Q Star Tour golf ball is great for all skill levels, improving your game by adding both spin and trajectory control. The thin Urethane cover improves the feel and allows for added spin. The improved spin skin helps you get more out of your irons and allows for a higher ball flight.
The Energetic Gradient Growth Core has low compression, low profile, and a solid feel. This core also allows for added distance for optimum performance. These Srixon golf balls are the best choice if you are looking for a single golf ball’s spin and trajectory control features.
The 3-Piece construction provides additional ball speed for distance and controls around the greens. These golf balls are great for all skill levels and will improve your game. So if you are looking for the best budget golf balls for 80 MPH driver swing speed, this is a great choice.
- Both Spin And Trajectory Control
- Urethane Cover Improves Feel
- Distance For Optimum Performance
- Provides Additional Ball
- Improved spin Skin
- 3 piece construction
- Ultra soft
- The putter roll is not too great
8. Wilson Sporting Goods Professional
- Ultra-thin cast urethane cover
- Mid-hardness ionomer mantle layer
- Soft feel with higher spin on iron shots for control around the green
Wilson Staff PXG Hybrids are engineered to deliver fast, powerful distance. The ultra-thin cast urethane cover, mid-hardness ionomer mantle layer, and seamless dimple pattern are engineered to provide a soft feel with a higher spin on iron shots for control around the green.
The technology of the PXG Hybrids was inspired by the Tour pros and developed in tandem with equipment engineers, tour players, and major manufacturers to create clubs that can take your game to the next level. These clubs are engineered to a 62-compression rating.
- Ultra-Thin Cast Urethane Cover
- Mid-Hardness Ionomer Mantle Layer
- Soft Feel With Higher Spin
- Enhanced Distance And Trajectory
- Higher spin
- Long distance
- Soft feel
- Dimple pattern
- Easily scuffed
9. Callaway Golf Super soft Golf Balls
- The Callaway super soft is a long, straight distance ball that’s incredibly soft
- An ultra low compression core promotes fast ball speed and increased accuracy
- New Low Drag HEX Aerodynamics are optimized to reduce drag and enhance lift for longer carry and...
The Callaway Supersoft Golf Ball is a long, straight-distance ball incredibly soft, ultra-low compression core that promotes fast ball speed, increased accuracy, and enhanced greenside control. The Trigonometry cover formulation combines thermoplastic elastomer and proprietary resins to produce a soft, durable cover for long distances and a superior feel.
The low-drag HEX Aerodynamics are optimized to reduce drag and enhance lift for longer carry, longer distance, and a softer feel. So overall, these Callaway supersoft balls are the best for 80 MPH swing speed.
- Straight Distance Ball That’s Incredibly Soft
- Ultra Low Compression Promotes fast Ball Speed
- New Low Drag HEX Aerodynamics
- Optimized To Reduce Drag
- Longer Carry And Longer Distance
- New Softer Trigonometry Cover Formulation
- Enhanced Feel And Increased Greenside Control
- Enhanced feel
- Straight distance ball
- Incredibly soft
- Longer distance
- Hard to track
10. Titleist Tour Soft Golf Balls
- Category leading soft feel
- Commanding distance
- Advanced short game control
For golfers who seek complete control of the golf ball, Titleist Tour Soft Golf Balls are built to provide the best in the distance and an extra soft feel. These balls are designed with the tour player in mind, but they are also great for practice rounds or when playing with a partner with a slower swing speed.
The Tour Soft Golf Balls were developed with over 300 hours of testing and had a highly resilient ball core and inner cover to provide a soft feel at a category-leading distance. Take your chances on the greens; you’ll have more control over the distance with a penetrating trajectory and consistent flight. The premium short game ball that’s soft enough for the best putters out there.
- Category Leading Soft Feel
- Commanding Distance
- Advanced Short Game Control
- Penetrating Trajectory And Consistent Flight
- Soft feel
- Long distance
- High interaction
- Not real durable
How to Choose the Best Golf Ball For 80 Mph Swing Speed
Even though swing speed is a hot topic, many golfers have no idea what it is. So, what would constitute a more leisurely rate of swing? A driver’s distance off the tee is a good indicator.
TrackMan data has shown that the ‘typical’ mid-teen handicapped male golfer swings the driver at 93.4mph and hits 214 yards. Assuming you’re not able to smash it that far, your swing speed is likely to fall into the lower end of the golf swing speed continuum, and the ball models we’ve selected for you might be ideal.
Players’ ability to hit the ball further may suffer if they swing slower. However, a lower-compression golf ball may enable golfers to compress the ball still a fair amount and retain more of their old distance with a lower-compression golf ball. A basic two- or three-piece design is also common among the finest models for distance.
Sound And Feel
Most slower-swing-speed golfers must work on their game to enhance their ball flight contact and consistency. To accomplish this, you’ll need a soft and responsive ball. Unlike a ProV1, it cannot spin but produces a rich, full-bodied sound. To hit a ball like that, you’d better be a rock. In any case, they’re not pining for something cuddlier like a graham cracker. Therefore, the softness of a golf ball should be taken into consideration while making a purchase. Don’t go for it if you’re not a fan of the softest.
Slower swinging players are more concerned with distance, but effective models should also provide a sense of feel and control. To choose which ball suits your needs, you should play with various models and discover which one you like.
Finally, there’s the issue of a limited budget to consider. It’s up to you whether you’re looking for the most affordable dozen with some level of performance or the most expensive dozen with a lot of performance.
A golf ball’s structure is based on its number of parts. The usual golf ball contains two or three pieces, while most of the cheaper ones have one. The price of the balls rises in direct proportion to their number of bits.
The four- or five-piece ball is the most often used by pros. Start with a two- or three-piece if you have a swing speed of 70 mph. You’ll be able to advance to a higher level as your skills grow.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Golf Ball Should I Use With an 80 Mph Swing Speed?
For a swing speed of 80 mph, Golf balls with compression of 80 or higher will help you generate more club head speed and give you a long distance. Golf balls with compression of 90-95 will help maintain your distance but slow down the ball’s speed.
Is 80 Mph a Slow Swing Speed?
It is not slow because only a golf amateur will play with that speed. Let’s do a calculation. The average speed of a golf ball after hitting it is 6.78MPH. The length of the PGA tour is 7600 yards. So it will take ~1 minute for a pro golfer to hit one ball. The average score of professional golfers is 72.5.
What Is Considered a Slow Golf Swing Speed?
Slow golf swing speed is one of the most common questions among golfers. However, there is no specific answer to this question. Slow golf swing speed might vary among different golfers as well as different golf swings.
It is thought that a golf swing speed of 35 miles per hour is the perfect speed for a golf swing. However, for some golfers, 30 miles per hour might be their superior speed. Many golfers start their golf swing slowly and gradually increase the speed of the golf swing.
Does Swing Speed Matter When Choosing A Golf Ball?
Yes, it does. Choosing a golf ball based on your swing speed is important. The ball is designed to explode upon impact with golf ball markers. The harder the ball, the more explosive the impact. It’s important to choose a ball that fits your swing speed. Balls that are hard to play with will cost you strokes.
It’s a fact that most good amateur golfers have swing speeds of around 80 to 100 mph. If you are in this range, you should choose a ball with a swing speed of 75-100 mph. For example, the Titleist Pro V1x is an excellent golf ball for a range of swing speeds. It gives good performance for professionals, but recreational golfers can also easily play with it.
Does The Dimple Pattern On A Golf Ball Matter?
Golf balls from different brands have different dimple patterns. For most golfers, the dimple pattern on a golf ball does not matter as much as other factors, such as materials and construction, but for higher-level pros, the dimple pattern on the ball matters a lot.
With the help of powerful computers, different dimple patterns have been designed to optimize aerodynamics. The dimple pattern on a golf ball is made up of a series of circles. These circles are arranged in a specific shape called a “modulus.” The most popular golf ball for professionals is the ones with a high modulus.