Are you an avid golfer looking for the perfect ball to help you improve your game? Look no further! We’ve rounded up the best golf balls specifically designed for women so that you can take your game to the next level. Read on to find out which ones are perfect for you!
Women lack men’s upper body power and cannot produce as much clubhead speed. Their swing speed is around 20 mph slower on average. Because of this, women often perform best with softer golf balls with low compression ratings. These balls enable them to obtain appropriate compression for the best distance and launch. If you want to buy a golf ball specifically for women, this article is for you.
Table of Contents
Overview of the Best Golf Balls For Women
Women golfers need golf balls that are specifically designed for their game. The best golf balls for women provide the most distance and accuracy while providing the soft feel and control women need for their swings.
The top golf balls for women include:
- Callaway SuperSoft Golf Balls
- Bridgestone e6 Lady Precept
- Titleist Velocity Golf Balls.
Each of these golf balls offers a different combination of performance and feel to suit a range of players. This section will provide an overview of the best golf balls for women so that you can make the right choice for your game.
Top golf balls specifically made for women
It’s important to know what you’re searching for when looking for the finest golf ball for women because it can significantly improve your game. The top golf balls for women are listed below.
1. Callaway Golf Supersoft Golf Balls – Best Rated Overall
If you are looking for the best overall golf ball, the Callaway Golf Supersoft Golf Balls are your best option. The two-piece design of this Callaway golf ball produces the greatest results for those seeking a balance between distance and comfort. Indeed, one of the greatest golf balls for female beginners is the Callaway Golf Supersoft ball.
Without exerting considerable force on the balls, it improves accuracy and causes them to travel farther. Because of this, it is Amazon’s best-rated golf ball.
Despite possessing an Ionomer cover, it doesn’t offer much control because of the core’s extremely low compression. Although the ball’s reduced spin rate benefits driving farther, it presents a challenge in the short game. As a result, it is not the best option for professional female golfers.
- Great for low to mid-swings
- Softest ball produced by Callaway
- 2-piece design for a straighter flight
- Low compression level for a quicker ball speed
- Has a softer cover composition with an ionomer
- Comes in red, white, pink, green, and orange colors
- It can be too soft
- Less spin around greens
- Not great for short games
- Not the best option for professionals
2. Bridgestone Lady Precept Golf Balls – Beginner & Senior Swing Speed
This is considered the best golf ball for senior women. It is made of two pieces and has a modest 50 compression rating. The Lady Precept also uses a 330-dimple design that is distinct, smooth, and produces more lift off the club face. Thanks to its 2-piece design, you can get more distance. You’ll also get greenside control and a straighter flight.
It is made by Bridgestone, a prominent golf ball company supported by some of the top players in the world. They are widely recognized for making golf balls that increase distance.
- Soft feel
- Distinguishable colors of white, pink, and yellow.
- Softcover poses durability issues
- Not the best option for professionals
- Low compression rate not the best option for low handicappers
3. Titleist Velocity Golf Balls – Best for Advanced Players
You might want to try Titleist Velocity Golf Balls for women seeking the best golf balls. A female golfer or a youngster player with a quicker swing speed will love this golf ball. The LSX core of the Titleist Velocity golf ball is firmer and faster, increasing ball speed on all wide shots while minimizing spin for maximum distance.
Titleist manufactures it. They are frequently regarded as a superior choice for seasoned players. Titleist has made it clear that they are a go-to for cutting-edge sports gear for all player types. The Velocity ball is the farthest in the Titleist lineup because of its high flight, low spin, and fast ball speed, enabling many women to hit the ball a little farther.
- Low compression
- Specifically tailored for women
- Made by a reputable company
- Modified covering to improve the feel
- With a 2-piece cover constructed from ionomer
- Better aerodynamics to produce a higher trajectory
- Comes in matte pink, orange, white, and green color options
- Not ideal for amateurs
4. Srixon Soft Feel Lady – Best for Seniors
- Must buy 2 or 4 dozen for special Father's Day promotion
- Soft, thin cover - provides more greenside spin and softer feel on all pitches, chips and putts
- 338 speed dimple pattern - the lower drag coefficient dimple pattern cuts through the wind for more...
The Srixon Soft Feel Lady 7 has been designed to give female golfers a super soft feel off the tee and around the greens. It features an Energetic Gradient Growth Core, which provides a softer feel near the center and is gradually firmer around the perimeter while maximizing ball speed. Additionally, the ball boasts a 338 Speed Dimple pattern which helps to reduce drag and increase launch. With its soft cover and high launch, it promises mid-high handicap female golfers with moderate swing speeds and a penetrating high trajectory with plenty of distance. This makes it an excellent choice for those looking for a good golf ball without breaking the bank.
- Reduces drag and helps the ball stay in the air for longer
- Soft Feel and Responsive Feel
- Low compression core for maximum distance
- Improved spin and control
- Improved aerodynamics for greater distance and accuracy
- Easy to launch off the tee and out of trouble areas
- Improved durability and durability
- Great value for money
- May not suit all player types
- May not provide enough backspin for some players
- Not suitable for all weather conditions
5. TaylorMade Kalea Golf Balls – Distance Ball for Slower Swing
The Kalea Golf Balls are constructed for longer distances and a higher launch while preserving a soft feel, similar to most other lady balls. Hence it is the best golf ball for slow swing speed. It is intended for players with swing speeds of 60 to 70 mph. However, given that it has a compression rate of 60, there is a concern that it may not be an appropriate option for female golfers with fast swing speeds. Additionally, these balls don’t spin around the green very well in comparison.
The 342 aerodynamic dimple design on the Kalea contributes to lift maintenance. The High-energy React Core of TaylorMade Kalea golf balls allows the balls to travel farther with less exertion. But because the ball has a soft ionomer coating to preserve it, the soft feel is unaffected.
- Low compression
- Works best for women with 60-70 mph swing speed
- Comes in UV-resistant white, matte purple, and peach colors
- Not great for high-swing-speed players
- Spin around the green needs improvement
6. Volvik Vivid Golf Balls – Good for Fast Swingers
Women golfers with somewhat faster swings should try this three-piece golf ball. These Volvik golf balls are made for players whose drivers can be swung between 70 and 90 mph. The effect they make is also the gentlest. Surlyn and zirconium make up the exterior shell, which assists your impacts to rebound and magnify efficiently.
A golf ball’s performance and feel on the greens typically improve as the variety of materials it is made of increases.
- Low compression
- Comes in 11 distinct colors, including black
- Durability needs improvement
- It may not be great for women with high swing speeds.
7. Wilson Women’s Duo Soft+ Ball
The Wilson Women’s Duo Soft ball is a two-piece ball that offers great value for money. It is soft and responsive around the greens and flies far.
The ball has an ionomer cover and is perfect for players who are looking to improve their game without breaking the bank. The ball has been praised by many golfers for its excellent performance, making it a great choice for the average golfer.
The Wilson Women’s Duo Soft Ball is designed to last, with a durable Ionomer cover that is resistant to scuffs and cuts. The ball also features a Staggered Wave parting line that helps to reduce spin and provide a consistent flight path.
This helps to ensure that the ball will remain in good condition for many rounds of play. Additionally, the ball’s core helps to ensure that it stays durable over time, making it a great option for players looking for a long-lasting ball.
- A thinner inner core and larger outer core create a softer compression for maximum distance.
- Low-drag aerodynamics for excellent long-game control
- Impressive distance in the long game
- Softer feel from the face on the chip shots
- Value for money
- Lower spin rates may make it difficult to control shorter shots
- Softer compression may cause the ball to lose distance over time
8. Mizuno RB Tour Golf Ball – For Beginners
- Ultra soft urethane cover with improved durability
- High speed ionomer mantle layer
- High energy soft butadiene rubber core
If you’re looking for a golf ball that offers maximum control and accuracy, look no further than the Mizuno RB Tour Golf Ball! This high-performance golf ball has been designed to provide superior distance, spin, and feel in all weather conditions.
The Mizuno RB Tour and RB Tour X golf balls are four-piece balls with average compression for a tour model, but the main technology that makes them stand out is their drag-reducing C-Dimple. This dimple design helps generate a higher, low-spinning driver flight and a flatter wedge flight compared to other tour-level balls.
The balls also have a soft and responsive feel around the greens, making them perfect for anyone looking for a lower-priced alternative to the more established golf ball brands.
The four-piece construction also adds to the ball’s softness and responsiveness around the green, making it a great choice for golfers looking for tour-level performance. These features make the Mizuno RB Tour and RB Tour X a great choice for players looking for a tour-level golf ball with excellent performance on all types of shots.
- Excellent performance in the wind
- Generate a higher, low-spinning trajectory off the tee
- C-Dimple technology reduces drag in windy conditions
- Soft and responsive feel around the greens
- Outstanding control and feel around the greens
- The urethane cover delivers a soft feel and improved spin on approach shots
- Aerodynamic design enhances wind performance and maximizes speed
- Some may find them too soft, while others may find them too firm.
- More expensive than other tour-level golf balls on the market
- Pricier than other balls on the market
- Not ideal for beginners or players with slower swing speeds
What to look for when buying golf balls for women
A huge selection of golf balls may seem to be available while buying. The features to consider are listed below if you are having trouble choosing which ones are best for your golf game.
When it comes to compression rate, the lower, the better. For those who do not know what a compression rate is, it denotes the ball’s hardness or softness. With the right compression rate for your swing speed, a golf ball can travel farther without exerting much force.
While shopping for golf balls, aim for softballs with a compression rate of 45 to 70. For comparison, men’s golf balls typically have compression levels between 65 and 100. It ought to be a little lower for women to fit their playing style better.
Try them all out to see if there is a difference. You can tell whether it is worth the extra money or whether the best mid-range golf balls would be a better alternative. As a tip, the best spin management and feel are provided by urethane-covered balls, which are more expensive.
Two-piece golf balls are the most common type of golf ball made for female golfers. The two components provide the ideal blend of feel, range, and higher ball flight. Additionally, the two-piece golf balls’ design permits lesser compression.
Purpose and performance
A golf ball for ladies will typically market itself as an all-purpose performance ball. However, if you look closely, you’ll see that the ball is probably a distance or greenside performance ball. Find out which game is more crucial, and choose the ball that fits your needs.
Two aspects of the game will depend heavily on spin performance. This is from the tee and around the greens. Most female golfers prefer a ball that spins slowly off the tee and higher on the greens.
Very high-compression golf balls will have the highest spin rates for a greenside spin, making them a challenging choice for female players. Female golfers can search for a soft feel ball to acquire the performance they require on the greenside.
The way a golf ball feels is crucial. Most of the time, you’ll want a golf ball with a softer feel on the greens. A better-feeling golf ball will be more manageable and simpler to maneuver around the greens when you’re playing with it.
Most brands offer models at several price points, and you can be confident that performance is good throughout the board.
How to Test a Golf Ball for Performance
Testing a golf ball for performance is important in choosing the right ball. It’s important to understand how a golf ball performs in different conditions and how it will feel when hitting it.
Testing a golf ball can be done in a few different ways, including hitting range balls, testing different balls on the course, or even using a launch monitor. Range balls are great for testing out different balls to see how they react to various shots, while launch monitors can measure the ball’s spin rate, launch angle, and other metrics that can help you choose the best golf ball for your game.
On the course, you can test out different balls to see how they perform in different conditions and get a feel for how they react when hitting them.
How to Choose a Golf Ball Based on Skill Level
When choosing a golf ball, it is important to consider your skill level. The Bridgestone e6 Lady Precept or Mizuno RB Tour is great for beginners. They offer exceptional distance and accuracy and are designed to provide a maximum spin on the green. For more experienced players, the TaylorMade Kalea or Srixon Soft Feel Lady 7 are good options.
These balls are made with 100% cast urethane covers and offer exceptional control off the tee, providing maximum accuracy and distance. And if you’re looking for a softer feel on the green, Bridgestone Lady Pink Mix golf balls are an ideal choice. They are designed to provide maximum spin and distance while providing a softer feel on the green.
Golf Ball Maintenance Tips
Now that you know the different types of golf balls available for women, it’s important to understand how to maintain them properly. Taking care of your golf ball can help you get the most out of your investment. You should always store your golf balls in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
Make sure to clean and inspect your golf balls regularly to ensure they are in good condition. If you notice any damage or wear and tear, replace them with a new golf ball. Additionally, ensuring that the pressure of your golf ball is correct can help you get the most out of it. You may want to consider investing in a pressure gauge to check the pressure of your golf balls before each game.
Frequently asked questions
What distinguishes a golf ball for males from a golf ball for women?
The compression rate is the primary distinction between men’s and women’s golf balls. Women’s golf balls are designed with minimal compression to increase their distance because most women naturally swing the golf club at a slower rate than males do. If you put it into numbers, men’s golf balls typically have a compression rate of 65-100, compared to 45-70 for women.
Is it easier to hit golf balls for women?
The women’s golf balls will likely be simpler to hit if your swing speed is slower. This is because compressing the golf ball is challenging when you don’t have enough speed.
They don’t always have the nicest feel, a drawback of some distance golf balls designed for slower players. Important considerations include striking the correct mix between performance, feel, and price.
Are golf balls for women made to travel farther?
Women should be able to hit the ball the furthest because, theoretically, women’s golf balls are made to travel farther than men’s golf balls. However, women typically do not strike the ball as much as men do due to their lower swing speed and power.